camel-dev mailing list archives

From bvahdat <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.9.0
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:17:56 GMT

Let me try to explain what the problem I claim to be there:

We assume that the vote will pass and you will promote/copy the staging repo
content to the central repo and announce the release officially on the Wiki
& maybe even on the User-Forum, right?

Now as an example through the revision [1] will claim that the JIRA-Ticket
[2] has been *also* fixed by the 2.9.0 final release you prepared, however
that's not true because as you see in [3] that fix is *missing* simply
because the corresponding revision was commited *after* your "mvn
release:release". So that the typo correction:

commons-code ==> commons-codec

and the removal of the line

there *is missing* in the release you have already promoted to the staging
repo. I assume that was also the reason why jbonofre [5] asked you to
provide him the repo URL so that he can check it.

Do you now see the problem? However I've got no idea how critical/important
this fix is.