camel-dev mailing list archives

From jackkirsten <jkfrie...@hotmail.com>
Subject Camel OnException handling
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:16:37 GMT
Hi, I have the following OnException blocks for both generic checked
exception and runtime exceptions.  When I purposely throw the runtime
exception such as (NullPointerException) from the process method, only
Exception.class block is executed and NOT the Runtime.Exception block.  Why
is it doing this?  How do I fix this so that the appropriate exceptions go
to the correct onException blocks?

from("seda://OrderID")
    .routeId("OrderProcessorRoute")
*    .onException(RuntimeException.class).maximumRedeliveries(0)
        .handled(true)
	.log("***** Some Runtime Exceptions Occured. *****")
        .inOut("direct:exceptionHandling")
        .end()
    .onException(Exception.class).maximumRedeliveries(5)
        .redeliveryDelay(6000)
        .handled(true)
	.log("***** Some Checked Exceptions Occured. *****")
       .inOut("direct:exceptionHandling")
       .end()
*
        .transacted("TestTXPolicy")
        	.inOut("bean:OrderProcessor?method=processStep1")
        	.inOut("bean:OrderProcessor?method=processStep2")

Thanks, Jack