camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Extract camel-validator from camel-core
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 06:02:56 GMT
Hello all!

With [1], we add the functionality to Camel to validate XML files against
nested schema files with the camel validator component. So far so good...

We couldn't do this in the best possible way without to introduce an
additional dependency to xml-resolver. The current implementation doesn't
have this dependency but requires a lot more work to the user than it
should be. IMO the way to provide the best solution for our users is to
extract the Camel validator component into it's own project. There we can
have a dependency to xml-resolver and we can provide a good default
ResourceResolver implementation.

What do you think?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4666

Best,