camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Tarjei Huse (Created) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (CAMEL-4650) NPE when using SEDA route and attaching an extra consumer
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:48:51 GMT
NPE when using SEDA route and attaching an extra consumer
---------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: CAMEL-4650
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4650
             Project: Camel
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: camel-core
    Affects Versions: 2.8.2
         Environment: Java 6, Camel 2.8.2, Centos 4.
            Reporter: Tarjei Huse


I'm trying to construct a system for moving some seda queues over to
ActiveMQ during system shutdown. What I did was create a Route that
connects to some of my seda queues and then drains the queue to activemq.

Basicly I got two routes, the drainer:

from("seda:" + sedaId + "?size=1000")
                    .routeId(routeName +
sedaIs).noAutoStartup().to(activeMQFailuresQueue);


And the main route:

from("seda:" + sedaId + "?size=1000")
                    .routeId(routeName + sedaIs).to(SomeProcessor);

Now, sometimes the main route stalls for various reasons I need to
restart the jvm process it is running in, so I start the first route.
But when trying this in production, I got:

 java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorHelper.process(AsyncProcessorHelper.java:78)
    at
org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.sendToConsumers(SedaConsumer.java:210)
    at
org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.doRun(SedaConsumer.java:155)
    at
org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.run(SedaConsumer.java:129)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)


Bvahdat added a comment:
just a very tiny pointer:

Looking at the source it seems that  the
SedaEndpoint.getConsumerMulticastProcessor() method returns 'null' causing
the NPE, as the condition:

multicastStarted == false || consumerMulticastProcessor == null

is true.


--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message