camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: syslog RFC 5424 dataformat component
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:50:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if the RFC 5424 has back ward compatibility to RFC 3164.
If it is we could keep the component name with camel-syslog, otherwise
would move on to call it camel-syslog2.

I just have a quick look at the syslog4j license, it is using GPL which
means we cannot host this component in Apache repo. But we have the
camel-extra project[1] which can host this kind of components.

[1]https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/camel-extra/