camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Babak Vahdat (Commented) (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CAMEL-4650) NPE when using SEDA route and attaching an extra consumer
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:35:51 GMT


Babak Vahdat commented on CAMEL-4650:

@Tarjei, could you please give me some hints:

Are your both routes (you called them the main & the drainer one) in the same camel context?
If so I wonder how it should work *at all* as you would consume twice using the same seda
URI in the same camel context!

The Java-DSL doesn't inhibit you to do that and the code would of course compile but at runtime
using the from() clause you would *concurrently* consume twice using the same seda endpoint
object, again the URI in both routes seem to me to be exactly the same:

from("seda:" + sedaId + "?size=1000")

Or am I wrong?
> NPE when using SEDA route and attaching an extra consumer
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CAMEL-4650
>                 URL:
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-core
>    Affects Versions: 2.8.2
>         Environment: Java 6, Camel 2.8.2, Centos 4.
>            Reporter: Tarjei Huse
> I'm trying to construct a system for moving some seda queues over to
> ActiveMQ during system shutdown. What I did was create a Route that
> connects to some of my seda queues and then drains the queue to activemq.
> Basicly I got two routes, the drainer:
> from("seda:" + sedaId + "?size=1000")
>                     .routeId(routeName +
> sedaIs).noAutoStartup().to(activeMQFailuresQueue);
> And the main route:
> from("seda:" + sedaId + "?size=1000")
>                     .routeId(routeName + sedaIs).to(SomeProcessor);
> Now, sometimes the main route stalls for various reasons I need to
> restart the jvm process it is running in, so I start the first route.
> But when trying this in production, I got:
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorHelper.process(
>     at
> org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.sendToConsumers(
>     at
> org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.doRun(
>     at
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$
>     at
> Bvahdat added a comment:
> just a very tiny pointer:
> Looking at the source it seems that  the
> SedaEndpoint.getConsumerMulticastProcessor() method returns 'null' causing
> the NPE, as the condition:
> multicastStarted == false || consumerMulticastProcessor == null
> is true.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators:!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message