camel-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: The new command aliases in Karaf 2.2.4
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 09:10:40 GMT
On 17 October 2011 10:03, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
> You are right: it depends if the command accepts several bundles or not.
> For instance:
> - bundles:start 23 34 56
> - system:shutdown (no argument)
> On trunk, you will see bundle:* or bundles:* commands. It's the same: it
> depends if the commands accept several bundles, or only one.
> No problem to discuss if it's better to use the singular name (bundle:*,
> service:*, system:*). I'm fine with that, let see what the others think ;)

Personally I prefer the singular - then its simple and you don't have
to remember whether you can or can't specify more than one argument -
nor do you have to then rename things if you later on change the
argument processing on a command.

e.g. folks often start / stop a single bundle. It feels weird to have to type

  bundles:start 44

In unix you don't type "greps" or "mores" when they can support more
than one argument.

Twitter: jstrachan, fusenews

Open Source Integration and Messaging

View raw message