camel-dev mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lalonde <mrlalo...@live.ca>
Subject Jms Queue as Aggregator persistent store?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 01:41:03 GMT

Hi,

Would it make sense to add a JmsAggregator that uses a Jms queue as persistent store?

I currently need to use an aggregator backed by a persistent store and my app runs in a stand
alone environment (Camel/Spring/JVM).
My app consumes from and outputs to a Jms queue.  We can't lose messages so our strategy
is usually to use persistent queues with (Spring) transactions managed by our JMS provider
(Websphere MQ).

My understanding is that if I use one of the available persistent stores (sql, hawtdb), the
transaction manager won't be able to manage the transaction across resources unless I use
XA.  Is that right?

That's why I thought about using a Jms queue as persistent store for an aggregator.

Thanks,
Mathieu