camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Trunk as Camel 3.0
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:43:16 GMT
Basically that is a good idea. I also thought about a similar solution.
I would only not like to call it milestone as that typically implies
that it is instable. No sane admin will deploy a milestone release in
production.
How about 3.0.0-compat or similar. So we could have one or more releases
of this that are fully production ready but will still contain the
@Deprecated classes. Then we can release Camel 3.0.0 that simply removes
these.

Christian

Am 23.09.2011 15:59, schrieb Willem Jiang:
> I think the main concern of Christian is he afraid Camel 3.0 won't
> have much user to use, and  he explain us the recent back ports of
> Camel 2.8.2 is because of the API change in Camel 2.9-SNAPSHOT.
>
> How about we treat the Camel 2.9 as the Camel 3.0-m1. When we
> developed Camel 2.0, we actual did three mile stone release to fill
> the gap of the API change.
> For the user who want to do some release just after Camel 3.0 RC is
> out, he can keep using Camel 3.0 mile stone release.
> For the user who just want use the stable Camel 2.x, he can chose
> Camel 2.8.x, as we already did a lot of merge of on the Camel 2.8.x
> branch.
>
> Camel 3.0 Mx can tell the user what API change will be made, and we
> can removed the @Deprecates API when the Camel 3.0 is shaped.
>
> Any thoughts ?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de