camel-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf 2.2x, 2.3.x and Spring version
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 04:34:21 GMT
Regarding the Dan update (about the fact that CXF 2.4.3 will use Spring
3.0.6), it makes sense that Camel will upgrade to Spring 3.0.6 as well.

So, I'm agree:
- let Spring 3.0.6 in Karaf, starting from 2.2.3
- if people want to use Spring 3.0.5 (and applications that use this
version), they have to use Karaf up to 2.2.2.

So, we don't move ;)

Camel 2.9.0 will use Spring 3.0.6 (I created a Jira for that), maybe
Camel 2.8.2 will use it too (as it's a "minor" update).

Thanks all for your feedback about that point.

Regards
JB

On 09/06/2011 02:39 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
> Yes, Camel/CXF stay with Karaf 2.2.2 should be a better choice now.
>
> Freeman
> On 2011-9-6, at 上午4:33, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> Might it also be possible to keep the Camel/CXF, etc. users on 2.2.2
>> until *those* projects upgrade to 3.0.6? If they're going to do so in
>> a month or so anyway, probably better to keep them on 2.2.2 instead of
>> maintaining a 2.3.x branch over such a minor library update.
>>
>> Glen
>>

>> On 09/05/2011 11:42 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>> I've not looked at the spring changelog for the 3.0.6 release but is
>>> there
>>> really any ground shaking reason which requires that we can't wait
>>> another
>>> month? If we cant I'm definitely for a workaround (e.g. adding a
>>> spring-next
>>> feature) instead of releasing 2.3.0. Adding a new minor branch to the
>>> 2.x
>>> releases simply bears the risk that we start to add new features
>>> there too
>>> (delaying 3.0...).
>>>
>>> Just my 2 cents,
>>> Kind regards,