camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: What is the purpose of camel-core-xml? Move the code to camel-core?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 05:51:10 GMT
camel-core-xml has only a bunch of classes. It adds not a single
dependency.
So I think it could be added to core. We can also leave it in a separate
jar but then it should be that .. a simple jar.
In the moment the camel-core-xml classes are directly imported into
spring and blueprint projects. This makes the build process more
complicated than
it needs to be and at least in Eclipse it causes additional problems.

Architecture is always balancing of requirements. So as it is a
requirement to make camel easy to use for users but also to make it easy
to use for developers of camel I think it is the best choide to move
camel-core-xml into the core.

The big jar option is not a bad idea. I think we could use this when we
split camel-core to make it easier for beginners to start with camel.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de