camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Claus Ibsen (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (CAMEL-4476) Camel splitter/aggregator 2x slower in 2.8.1 vs 2.7.3
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:44:26 GMT


Claus Ibsen resolved CAMEL-4476.

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: 2.9.0

Thanks for reporting. 

I added a test AggregateSimpleExpressionIssueTest which is similar to yours. It can be run
manually. And the test now runs as fast for constant/simple language.

> Camel splitter/aggregator 2x slower in 2.8.1 vs 2.7.3
> -----------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CAMEL-4476
>                 URL:
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-core
>    Affects Versions: 2.8.1
>         Environment: Oracle JDK 1.6.0_26 64-bit, CentOS 6 64-bit
>            Reporter: Bryan Keller
>            Assignee: Claus Ibsen
>             Fix For: 2.8.2, 2.9.0
> I noticed a sharp decline in the performance of my application when I upgraded from Camel
2.7.3 to 2.8.1. I discovered that the splitter/aggregator had become the bottleneck in my
app. I have created a sample app that demonstrates the issue. The aggregator uses a lock,
and I suspect lock contention may be at the root of this, but didn't notice any changes around
that in the code diff between the versions.
> I uploaded the sample app to It uses gradle.
Unzip to a directory then run "gradle" from the command line. To change the version from 2.8.1
to 2.7.3, edit the build.gradle file and run again.
> The app loads 10 files with 100k lines each. It prints the current time in msec per batch.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message