camel-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Adjust Apache Camel product descriptions
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 03:06:36 GMT

On 2011-8-13, at 下午7:14, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I noticed the README.txt file in the distribution kit starts as
> follows:
> Apache Camel is a powerful Spring based Integration Framework.
>
> And our website starts as follows:
> Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on
> known Enterprise Integration Patterns with powerful Bean Integration.
>

> I think we should align the product descriptions on the web site and
> the README.txt file.
> There may be other places the product description is present, and
> could use a bit upgrade.
>

> For example I think the README.txt file is a bit outdated as it gives
> the impression that Camel requires Spring and is Spring based.
> As we all know Camel is more than that and we try to be neutral and
> let people use and run Camel in any kind of environment.
> Whether its Spring, OSGi, Karaf, ServiceMix, WebSphere, Cloud, Scala,
> Standalone etc.
>

> So anyone got suggestions/feedback to have the product description
> updated a bit to reflect where we are today with Apache Camel?
>
> For example we may want to mention Apache Karaf on the front page as a
> product that Camel runs with out of the box. etc.
+1 for adjusting Camel Product descriptions.

And I think we should mention Camel runs with Apache Servicemix out of
the box instead of Apache karaf, as Apache Servicemix ships camel
features.xml by default and fine-tune the jre export package and
boot.delegation(such as jaxb and jaxws) which ensure camel components
run.

Freeman

> --
> Claus Ibsen