camel-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the purpose of camel-core-xml? Move the code to camel-core?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:15:36 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> The core is 1.6mb which is not bloated. In fact with the core you can
> do really a lot with Camel, which impress
> a lot of people, and help make the project a success it is today.

In all fairness, 1.6 mb is bigger than the entire Felix framework,
including the documentation.  The camel-core jar represents two-thirds
of the volume of my deployed Felix OSGI application.

Yes, the core does a lot, but how many people genuinely use all the
features and built-in components?  Not that I'm necessarily advocating
splitting it into all separate modules, since it would probably take
up more space that way, what with the extra manifests and activators
and all.

But still, even if not "bloated", I might call it "non-trivially sized".

Don