camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Supporting our users to be more involved with our project
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:45:42 GMT

I love to see as we asking our users to be more involved with our project.

I would like to add the label "Contributor" or "Beginner" (or something
similar) to issues which are easy to be resolve (by interested
users/customers). We should not fix these issues so soon (unless it's an
urgent fix) to get the users/customers the chance to pick them up, adding a
comment that other knows they are working on this issue and providing a
patch for it. I could create a view in JIRA which lists all open issues with
this label and add a link from the contributing page [1] to this view. I
think then it is much more easier for our users/customers to "being more in
touch" with our project and evolve from a user to a contributor to ...

I know what this is for a great feeling to see its own (first) patch
committed, to add his name to the team page [2] later, ...

What do you think?