camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Camel 2.9 - JMX and reducing Spring depdendency
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 08:09:31 GMT
Hi

I got the last pieces of the puzzle fixed and committed.

Camel 2.9 onwards no longer requires Spring JARs for JMX management.
All the out of the box components have been migrated.

The Spring JMX annotations can still be used, when using Camel with
Spring (eg from a Spring XML file).

However in the features.xml file for Camel, the "camel-core" feature
depend on Spring. We may want to adjust this?
For example people who dont use Spring at all, such as OSGi blueprint,
may want to be able to use the karaf features to install and use
Camel.

Anyway I have left it as is.

Also the "camel" feature is a composite of "camel-core" and
"camel-spring". We may want to expand on that and add
"camel-blueprint" to the family?

--
Claus Ibsen