camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: What is the purpose of camel-core-xml? Move the code to camel-core?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:45:23 GMT
The camel-core is already bloated anyway. I see no reason to not include
those classes.
The current mechanism of directly including the classes in camel-spring
and camel-blueprint is really strange and I think having some classes in
core
that are not needed in some cases is much better then what we have now.

We will need to split the core anyway for 3.0 so reintegrating
camel-core-xml would reduce the number of jars again which is good.

Christian

Am 31.08.2011 17:54, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Christian Schneider
> <chris@die-schneider.net>  wrote:
>> That sounds to me like it would fit nicely in camel-core.
>>
> No as that is just bloat to the core.
>

>> Btw. is there a reason why camel-core-xml is scope provided in camel-spring?
>> This gives me errors in some tests of other components in eclipse as these
>> classes can not be found.
>>
> There is no problem at all in IDEA.
>

> Yes one of the reasons is osgi. By having the camel-core-xml .class
> files included directly into the camel-spring and camel-blueprint
> wo dont have any osgi hickups due JAR files not being loaded and
> whatnot. That was a pain in the past.
>

>> Christian
>>
>> Am 31.08.2011 17:43, schrieb Claus Ibsen:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> Its an abstract component which has base classes used by XML DSLs such
>>> as camel-spring and camel-blueprint.
>>> This ensures that code is reused between the 2 XML DSLs and make it
>>> easier to keep them in sync and whatnot.
>>>

>> --
>> --
>> Christian Schneider
>> http://www.liquid-reality.de