camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: BytesSource and StringSource
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:20:22 GMT
Hi Claus,

I think you are right. These classes can be put into util. As they are
only two classes I suggest to directly put them in util.

Originally I put them ino the API package as they are needed in
camel-jms and so are needed in at least some components. We now agreed
that support may access util so util is part of the "extended" API of
API+SPI+support+util.

I am still not sure if we should have data classes in util but I also
have no better suggestion so util is ok for me.

Christian

Am 30.08.2011 08:50, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> Hi
>
> Its a pita that these classes is moved to the root package of Camel.
> The root package is an API having only interfaces, exceptions, enums,
> annotations etc. Then we got those two "stranded whales" here which
> seems misplaced.
>
> The JDK have its xxxSource implementations in sub packages:
> javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource
>
> So why can't we in Camel? It seems too dramatic as a solution to move
> stuff into the root package.
> Also these classes do *not* implement any Camel interface, but they
> are JDK xxxSource specific helpers in Camel.
>
> Instead I suggest they are placed in the org.apache.camel.util.stream package

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect