camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Moving org.apache.camel.Main to org.apache.camel.main.Main
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:54:50 GMT
We could do something like that but the problem is the scope and
dependency rules for this new package.
Main needs access to all inner details of camel. So you only would like
to put classes in that package that also need such details. On the other
hand this package should
be accessed by nothing else as it would easily create tangles over most
of camel.

For example the ServiceSupport class should not go in the same package
as Main as ServiceSupport will be needed by many other classes.

Christian

Am 19.08.2011 16:43, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> I am not sure moving Main to a main package is a good idea.
> As you would lock yourself into only having the Main class there.
>
> What about adding a org.apache.camel.support package.
>
> And then have more commonly used Camel classes by end users in there.
> Such as the Main class.
> But by naming it support we give us legroom to put in other useful classes.

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect