camel-dev mailing list archives

From devrant devrant <>
Subject Re: Tutorials for Apache Camel
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 03:09:23 GMT
Hi Claus,

    Thanks for the quick response. I do hope to spend more time to
write better articles for Apache Camel in the future. However, one
beauty of Apache Camel the way I see it is that, being the Integration
Framework that it is, it can be useful to spur attention to other
Open-Source projects that it communicates with (ApacheMQ, MINA, Netty,
HornetQ, etc.) and more importantly, encourage more developers to
create Java-based server as the heart of  Systems Integration. Recent
development in the Java community hasn't been too positive (complains
about Oracle as the Java steward, NodeJS being more glaring). And
hopefully Apache Camel can be one of the reason for us to rejoice and
get Java back to its shiny days.

> And have a fun ride on the Camel.

    It might not be a smooth ride, but it surely will be cool and fun :D

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Claus Ibsen <> wrote:
> Hi Christopher
> This is a couple of very nice tutorials you have written.
> I have added links to them from the Camel articles page
> It takes some hours for the static web site to be updated
> This is the web page where we can refer to 3rd party sites having
> Camel related information.
> And therefore the right place for your links.
> Keep up the good work on writing tutorials.
> And have a fun ride on the Camel.
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM, devrant devrant
> <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I stumbled upon Apache Camel recently, and I have been doing
>> research on it since. I found it to be a really high quality project.
>> It makes integration insanely simple, keep up the great work!
>>    As I am using NetBeans 7.0 for development, I have written two
>> simple piece of articles with regards to setting up Apache Camel
>> project in NetBeans 7.0 in my blog.
>>    I am wondering whether it is possible to add a link from the
>> Tutorials section of Apache Camel to these articles, and any other
>> steps I need to do to tidy up further. The articles are:
>> 1. Using NetBeans 7.0 to create a new Apache Camel project -
>> 2. Using NetBeans 7.0 to create an Apache Camel project without Spring
>> dependency -
>> Thanks.
>> Regards,
>>    Christopher