camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Closing down for the 2.8.0 release
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 13:25:45 GMT

So Camel 2.8.0 starts to look good.

The last CI test at Apache had only 1 unit test failure which is a non
deterministic test that can fail for some strange reason.

I also ran a local OSGi unit test this morning and they all passed.

In terms of ticket outstanding in JIRA then there is only 2 left

3774: This is about generating the manual when doing the release. I
guess Hadrian haven't had a look at it. Since we are able to cut the
release, I guess this ticket may be able to postpone for Camel 2.9

4189: This is about a in the karaf. As I understand
this file is not part of the release in the kit or
in the maven repository. Its used for the karaf validate plugin, to
validate the features.xml file. Correct me if I am wrong. This could
be post poned to Camel 2.9.

So from a JIRA point of view it seems good. Do anyone have any last
item tickets they would like addressed?

I have two tickets which we can discuss whether we want to delay the
release to get included

4212 is about supporting multi value headers in the HTTP related
components. This may be a bit more work, so we may consider scheduling
this for Camel 2.9. This is discussed on the @dev forum.

4202 is being discussed on the @user forum. Its about making
request/reply over JMS with fixed replyTo queues faster. It could be
worthwhile for the ppl who uses JMS to participate in the @user
discussion so we are able to agree upon some solution.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Claus Ibsen <> wrote:
> Hi
> I just ran the osgi tests locally and stumbled across two issues
> 1)
> Some weird maven duplicate test set issue about FtpConsumerTest. So I
> disable that test to move on. I know the tests works fine when running
> it manually, eg from an IDE etc. Anyway the globe keep on turning and
> we can't be stuck fiddling with weird maven issues all day.
> 2)
> The MailRouteTest no longer works. I guess its due those recent
> changes in the Camel karaf feature.xml file. So I disabled the test.
> The test relies on that there is a Mocked JavaMail provider installed,
> that can act as the mail server. But it doesn't so it tries to connect
> to a local running mail server on port 25.
> All the other tests passed.
> So lets close down this baby so we can cut a release for an overdue
> release. We owe it to the community to bring out Camel 2.8.0 this
> summer :)
> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------