camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1144254 - /camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:23:32 GMT
On Friday, July 08, 2011 9:09:54 PM Freeman Fang wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> The problem of commons-pool is that it import and export same package
> like
> Import-Package =
> 	org.apache.commons.pool;version=1.5.4,
> 	org.apache.commons.pool.impl;version=1.5.4
> Export-Package =
> 	org.apache.commons.pool.impl;version=1.5.4,
> 	org.apache.commons.pool;version=1.5.4
>
> which could be a potential problem in OSGi container, we have
> discussed it before on servicemix mailling list[1], so the general
> rule is that a bundle shouldn't import package which it export, that's
> why servicemix still wrap commons-pool bundle[2].

I just checked an CXF doesn't need commons-pool at all.   Thus, I've just
removed it from the cxf part of the camel features.   CXF just needed it for
JMS, but only due to ActiveMQ.  The CXF JMS transport doesn't use commons-pool
directly at all.

> I think we also need patch activemq to ensure activemq also use the
> correct servicemix wrapped commons-pool bundle. And we may need patch
> commons-pool project as well to ensure it use correct OSGi rule for
> their bundle.

Definitely make sure a patch is submitted back to them.   We need to start
encouraging other projects to make proper and usable bundles instead of making
extra work for ourselves to keep wrapping them.  :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org