camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject camel-cxf spring configuration
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:33:55 GMT
Hi all,

I am still looking into camel-cxf. I found that the spring configuration
is done in a bit strange way.

For example in the cxfrs component there is a jaxrs and a spring
package. Still classes with spring references are present on both
packages and the packages from a dependency cycle.
There is for example a CxfRsEndpoint and a CxfRsSpringEndpoint. Still
the CxfRsEndpoint creates a SpringJAXRSClientFactoryBean. I would rather
have expected that the CxfRsSpringEndpoint would do that.

Also the SpringJAXRSClientFactoryBean is not looked up in the spring
context but rather created by hand and then configured using the
configure method which calls spring to set the properties. I would
rather have expected that the SpringJAXRSClientFactoryBean is simply
looked up in spring.

Can someone explain to me the reason why it works that way?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect
Talend Application Integration Division

View raw message