camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject [Discussion] Remove cxf: component
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:31:48 GMT
Hi all,

currently we have several ways of using / offering a CXF service with camel:

- Camel transport for CXF
- cxf: component
- cxfbean: component
- cxfrs: component

The camel transport is useful as it is a very thin layer compared to the
other variants. Additionally it allows to reuse experience from cxf on
how to setup an endpoint.
The cxfbean: component is quite convenient so it makes sense to have it.
The cxfrs: component also seems to be quit econvenient for users.

The cxf: component is very verbose and seems to be used almost exactly
as the original cxf way to describe a service. So I propose to remove
this component. As a migration path I propose users use either the camel
transport for cxf or the cxfbean component.

What do you think?

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect
Talend Application Integration Division