camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <>
Subject CAMEL-4135/4109 and Spring and Blueprint namespace things....
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:34:38 GMT

Just a quick question...

I'm working on some CXF blueprint stuff with Camel and ran into a little issue
that I want to discuss real quick.   There is a slight difference between how
blueprint and spring parse the namespace.   I just want to see if they should
be unified a bit.

Basically, the Spring namespace handler parses into a "CxfEndpointBean" (well
a subclass of) and then the CxfComponent then will look that up and convert
that into a CxfEndpoint.

Blueprint, on the other hand, parses directly to a CxfEndpoint.  I had to make
some slight modification to the CxfComponent to take that into account.    The
patch I stuck on CAMEL-4135 handles that.   However, I'm not sure that's the
best route.   Do you think the blueprint stuff should parse into a
CxfEndpointBean as well?    I'm still kind of digging into the camel-cxf stuff
and haven't quite gotten a handle around the differences.

Daniel Kulp
Talend -

View raw message