camel-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Ribeiro <webmas...@fernandoribeiro.eti.br>
Subject Re: Constants
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 17:45:26 GMT
It is about type safety more than anything else, meaning you can't possibly
pass an invalid value. One could also say it is the "proper" implementation
of enumerations in Java 5+, but I prefer the first argument.

If we choose enums, we can split header and parameter names, for example, in
types like <ComponentPrefix>Headers <ComponentPrefix>Params (e.g:
FreemarkerHeaders and FreemarkerParams) instead of having to diff them in
classes/interfaces w/ prefixes like HEADER_ and PARAM_ -- I like this.

What do you guys think?