camel-dev mailing list archives

From David Valeri <dval...@apache.org>
Subject "org.apache.camel.component.quartz" Package Export in Camel Quartz
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:55:58 GMT
First off, apologies if this ends up being a duplicate message.  I sent it
yesterday from a thick client but it never showed up in the list or on the
archives.

The Quartz packaging for OSGi uses the following configuration:

<camel.osgi.export.pkg>
  org.apache.camel.component.quartz.*,
  org.apache.camel.routepolicy.quartz.*
</camel.osgi.export.pkg>

This gets concatenated as ${camel.osgi.export.pkg};${camel.osgi.version} and
then fed to the Felix Bundle Plug-in.  The issue I am seeing is that only
the second package gets versioned in the bundle manifest.
  org.apache.camel.component.quartz is exported without a version.

The following is a simple fix; however, it may not really be a long term
solution if this issue is widespread within the components.

<camel.osgi.export.pkg>
  org.apache.camel.component.quartz.*;${camel.osgi.version},
  org.apache.camel.routepolicy.quartz.*
</camel.osgi.export.pkg>

I'd be happy to submit the above as a patch for this issue; however, I
wanted to first check that there isn't already an idiom in Camel for solving
this issue that I am unaware of.

David Valeri
Twitter: DavidValeri
Blog: http://davidvaleri.wordpress.com/