camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Manual generation more PDF friendly
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 04:20:45 GMT
Hi Willem, you are correct. I didn't change the second table until we agree on the format.
I'm pretty happy with the way it looks now, but I'll wait for other opinions before making
more changes.

Thanks,
Hadrian

On Mar 31, 2011, at 10:35 PM, Willem Jiang wrote:

> Hi Hadrian,
>
> The CXF document looks better now, I just check the [v100] I think you missed the change
on the table of relayHeaders.
> It still has 5 columns.
>
> Willem
>
> On 4/1/11 10:10 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>> I made to changes from the original version [v99]. In [v100] I consolidated the columns
are proposed before. In the current [v101] version I changed the order of the columns to Name
| Required | description and consolidated the Description + Default Value + Example together.
I believe the latter to be a better choice (it also renders better). This is what I intend
to use going forward, if no objections.

>> Hadrian
>>
>> [v99]  - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=26117054
>> [v100] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=26117057
>> [v101] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52098
>>

>> On Mar 31, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>>
>>> Aside from the generation during release:prepare issue [1], for which I have
to do some more releases and drop the artifacts to figure out (unless somebody has a better
idea), I looked at the rendered pdf manual [2] and a few things look horrific. In particular
the Components page [3] is so wide it doesn't fit into the screen and the table based documentation
of the uri arguments/options is not consistent in many cases, missing in some and spans across
5 columns (like in the CXF component [4] case) which again, renders very bad.

>>> I intend to spend some time in the next week cleaning up the docs a bit and I
propose a 3 column based format:
>>> Name | Descriptions | Required
>>> consolidating the Description and Example columns (having the example part at
the end of the description, and consolidation the Required and Default Value columns (if Required
is Yes, there is no default value, so in many cased that column is empty anyway, just taking
space unnecessarily).

>>> I will make changes to the CXF page [4] in the next hour or so and give an example
of what I mean (you can see a diff from the previous version). If you have a better idea please
shout. Once we agree on a format I can go ahead and try to make it consistent and complete
across all components.