camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sandi Dahl <sd...@carefx.com>
Subject RE: recipient list and timeouts
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:44:46 GMT
Thanks! Sorry for using the wrong list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:33 AM
To: dev@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: recipient list and timeouts

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Sandi Dahl <sdahl@carefx.com> wrote:
> I am a new developer working with Camel. We need to route messages using a parallel processed
recipient list. We are using an aggregation strategy to combine the results into one message.

> Our requirements include the need to know which specific endpoints did not respond before
a time out occurs. We need this information to display to the user so they understand what
information is included in the results. I understand a TimeoutAwareAggregationStrategy can
be used which will call timeout() before ending.

> Is it possible to discover which specific endpoints did not respond within the specified
timeout period rather than just knowing that all did not complete in time?

You need to bookkeep that yourself. For example in the aggregate
method. If its invoked you know that endpoint returned back a
response.

On the Exchange there is a header (or property on exchange) with a
Exchange.TO_ENDPOINT key that ought to have the uri of the endpoint
where the recipient list send it.

--
Claus Ibsen