camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Logo
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:11:28 GMT

Why did you submit a variation of a logo that is already used by your employer for commercial

On Mar 25, 2011, at 6:37 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> Hi
> I dislike the A,B and C proposals.
> Especially the first two A and B, looks much more like horses than camels.
> For me personally I think its important that the hump on the Camel is
> in the logo.
> So far I like the old logo the best.
> Debbie from FuseSource marketing had some sketches draw for our
> CamelOne event by a professional sketch firm.
> She said she would like to donate logos to the community and pay for
> any changes we would like.
> She had sketched the following 3 camels.
> D:
> E:
> F:
> Maybe any of those or the cartoonish style it impose could be usable.
> The Apache Camel text logo should of course be added.
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <> wrote:
>> Hi Camel Riders,
>> With camel-2.7.0 out of the way I believe it's time to continue the improvements
of the camel site design [1].
>> I will start a separate thread for documentation/manual and keep this thread for
the logo and css.
>> We have already a few contributions and I don't think other contributors will step
up with new proposals, so I'd propose choosing from what we have, which are of great quality
already. So before we go to a poll or vote I would highly appreciate your input on what logo
would be best for the camel project.
>> We have a few proposals so far:
>> A.
>> B.
>> C.
>> Since there are a few versions in each of the attachments above please specify your
preference as combination of letter and number (in the last one they are not numbered, so
let's use 1-3 left to right on the top row and 4 for the one on the bottom row). If it matters
my favorites are C3 and C1, in that order.
>> If you believe something can be improved, like color, font (style, size and placement),
please feel free to add your suggestion. I believe the original authors (or somebody) will
be able to make the improvements.
>> Thanks,
>> Hadrian
>> [1]