camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Logo
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:51:17 GMT
Rob, I *always* wear an Apache hat on this list. And I don't appreciate cheap innuendoes. Please
feel free to point to any instance in the past when it wasn't the case. Until then please
choose your words carefully.

The Camel project, or any project, or any organization cannot use a mark that would create
confusion, registered or not. Or so I was told by an attorney friend who is not involved with
ASF, but I should probably take it with the ASF legal to confirm. I am not sure how aware
you are of it, but the ASF is putting more emphasis lately on enforcing the trademark policy.
Trademarks compliance should also be part of the quarterly report.

Cheers,
Hadrian

compare the logo here: http://fusesource.com/camelone2011/.
> they have been done by a professional artist - so why not submit them for consideration
?

> From an Apache point of view you need to ask:
>
> 1. Are there any trademark, copyright issues over the use of the image? (the answer is
no)
> 2. Would the community like to use them ?
>
> thanks.
>
> Rob
>

> On 28 Mar 2011, at 19:11, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>
>> Claus,
>>
>> Why did you submit a variation of a logo that is already used by your employer for
commercial purposes?

>> Hadrian
>>
>> On Mar 25, 2011, at 6:37 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I dislike the A,B and C proposals.
>>> Especially the first two A and B, looks much more like horses than camels.
>>> For me personally I think its important that the hump on the Camel is
>>> in the logo.
>>>
>>> So far I like the old logo the best.
>>>

>>> Debbie from FuseSource marketing had some sketches draw for our
>>> CamelOne event by a professional sketch firm.
>>> She said she would like to donate logos to the community and pay for
>>> any changes we would like.
>>>
>>> She had sketched the following 3 camels.
>>>
>>> D: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel01.jpg
>>> E: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel02.jpg
>>> F: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel04.jpg
>>>
>>> Maybe any of those or the cartoonish style it impose could be usable.
>>> The Apache Camel text logo should of course be added.

will step up with new proposals, so I'd propose choosing from what we have, which are of great
quality already. So before we go to a poll or vote I would highly appreciate your input on
what logo would be best for the camel project.

your preference as combination of letter and number (in the last one they are not numbered,
so let's use 1-3 left to right on the top row and 4 for the one on the bottom row). If it
matters my favorites are C3 and C1, in that order.

placement), please feel free to add your suggestion. I believe the original authors (or somebody)
will be able to make the improvements.