camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New Logo
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:47:40 GMT
I would also rather stay with the old logo for the moment.

Like James wrote A and B look good technically but are a bit off as a
logo and C are not so well drawn.

Christian

Am 25.03.2011 11:50, schrieb James Strachan:
> quick answer: D
>
> longer answer:
>
> I tend to agree; A looks very mean&  angry, B looks a bit disturbed or
> has some kind of problem and C looks a bit badly drawn :). None are
> improvements IMHO.
>
>  From Debbie's submissions I don't like F either, doesn't do anything
> for me, bit dull really. E is OK (looks a bit coy) but so far my
> favourite is D as its simple, cute, recognisable and I don't have any
> negative feelings towards it (unlike most of the others really).
>

> On 25 March 2011 10:37, Claus Ibsen<claus.ibsen@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I dislike the A,B and C proposals.
>> Especially the first two A and B, looks much more like horses than camels.
>> For me personally I think its important that the hump on the Camel is
>> in the logo.
>>
>> So far I like the old logo the best.
>>

>> Debbie from FuseSource marketing had some sketches draw for our
>> CamelOne event by a professional sketch firm.
>> She said she would like to donate logos to the community and pay for
>> any changes we would like.
>>
>> She had sketched the following 3 camels.
>>
>> D: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel01.jpg
>> E: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel02.jpg
>> F: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/Camel04.jpg
>>
>> Maybe any of those or the cartoonish style it impose could be usable.
>> The Apache Camel text logo should of course be added.
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea<hzbarcea@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi Camel Riders,
>>>
>>> With camel-2.7.0 out of the way I believe it's time to continue the improvements
of the camel site design [1].
>>> I will start a separate thread for documentation/manual and keep this thread
for the logo and css.

>>> We have already a few contributions and I don't think other contributors will
step up with new proposals, so I'd propose choosing from what we have, which are of great
quality already. So before we go to a poll or vote I would highly appreciate your input on
what logo would be best for the camel project.

>>> B. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/camelcomic2.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1291144284000
>>> C. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/24186045/dvichot-camel-logo.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1296745441000
>>>
>>> Since there are a few versions in each of the attachments above please specify
your preference as combination of letter and number (in the last one they are not numbered,
so let's use 1-3 left to right on the top row and 4 for the one on the bottom row). If it
matters my favorites are C3 and C1, in that order.

>>> If you believe something can be improved, like color, font (style, size and placement),
please feel free to add your suggestion. I believe the original authors (or somebody) will
be able to make the improvements.

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de