camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.7.0
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:50:55 GMT
Hi Hadrian,

The patch doesn't work on Karaf 2.1.4 and Karaf 2.2.0 so I revert it.
BTW, I sent 2 mail earlier today to tell you the reason why it doesn't work.

Willem

On 3/10/11 6:12 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Claus, in your comment to CAMEL-3763, when you say "We have not throughly tested this"
who exactly do you refer to as "we"?

> The patch was there for a couple of days, you had another 3 days, that's a total of 5
days to come up with a technical reason pointing to what exactly this patch breaks and if
there is or not an acceptable workaround. I have no problem redoing the release (I may figure
out the manual problem until then too). However, let's do things right.

> I see now that Willem already reverted the patch, not clear why, I assume just based
on your feelings. I would be very interested in seeing Guillaume's opinion, as a Karaf/OSGi
expert.

> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:33 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> I am casting a -1 due CAMEL-3763
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3763
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea<hzbarcea@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Note:
>>>
>>> The manual was again not generated correctly. It does get generated properly
using mvn install, but it fails during release:prepare/perform.
>>> I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3774 to track this problem.
>>>
>>> I generated it manually though to not delay the release any longer and published
it temporarily to http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/camel-2.7.0/manual/ for review and will
move it to the main site if this release is approved. IMHO this is not a blocker for the release.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian

new features, improvements and bug fixes.

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> FuseSource