camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From " Jean-Baptiste Onofré" ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.7.0
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:59:13 GMT
Hi Willem,

Agree that with this patch, Camel 2.7 is able to work only on Karaf 2.2.0 (not on
Karaf 2.1.x).
I've tested Camel 2.7-SNAPSHOT in Karaf 2.2.0 without problem (using
camel-blueprint, and several camel components including CXF).

Regards
JB

On Thu 10/03/11 11:50, "Willem Jiang" willem.jiang@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Hadrian,
> 
> The patch doesn't work on Karaf 2.1.4 and Karaf 2.2.0 so I revert it.
> BTW, I sent 2 mail earlier today to tell you the reason why it doesn't
> work.
> Willem
> 
> On 3/10/11 6:12 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> > Claus, in your comment to CAMEL-3763, when you say
> "We have not throughly tested this" who exactly do you refer to as
> "we"?
>
> > The patch was there for a couple of days, you had
> another 3 days, that's a total of 5 days to come up with a technical reason
> pointing to what exactly this patch breaks and if there is or not an
> acceptable workaround. I have no problem redoing the release (I may figure
> out the manual problem until then too). However, let's do things
> right.
>
> > I see now that Willem already reverted the patch,
> not clear why, I assume just based on your feelings. I would be very
> interested in seeing Guillaume's opinion, as a Karaf/OSGi
> expert.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Hadrian
> >
> >
> > On Mar 10, 2011, at 6:33 AM, Claus Ibsen
> wrote:
>
> >> I am casting a -1 due CAMEL-3763
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3763
>>>
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:45 AM, Hadrian
> Zbarcea<hzbarcea@g
> mail.com>  wrote:
>>> Note:
> >>>
> >>> The manual was again not generated
> correctly. It does get generated properly using mvn install, but it fails
> during release:prepare/perform.
>>> I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3774 to
> track this problem.
>>>
> >>> I generated it manually though to not delay
> the release any longer and published it temporarily to
http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/camel-2.7.0/manual/ for review and will move it
to the main site if this release is approved.
> IMHO this is not a blocker for the release.
>>>
> >>> Cheers,
> >>> Hadrian
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Mar 10, 2011, at 1:31 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea
> wrote:
>>>
> >>>> A new release apache-camel-2.7.0 is out
> with approximately 169 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug
> fixes.
>>>>
> >>>> Please find the staging repo
> here:
>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecam
> el-010/
>>>>> The tarballs are here
> >>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecam
> el-010/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.7.0/
>>>>>
> >>>> Please review and vote to approve this
> release binary. Your vote counts!
>>>>
> >>>> [ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache
> Camel 2.7.0
>>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide
> specific comments)
>>>> Vote is open for 72 hours.
> >>>>
> >>>> Here's my +1
> >>>> Hadrian
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Claus Ibsen
> >> -----------------
> >> FuseSource
> >> Email: cibsen@
> fusesource.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Twitter: davsclaus
> >> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/
>>
> >
> 
> 
> -- 
> Willem
> ----------------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com
Blog:    http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (English)
http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
> 
> 
> 



Mime
View raw message