camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Issues with Apache Mailing list and Nabble
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:19:33 GMT
On Wednesday 30 March 2011 4:19:55 AM Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
> I think we have a couple of issues with running our open source
> project at Apache.
> 1)
> People have send me private mails about why they cannot join the
> Apache Camel @user mailing list.
> I have seen mails getting rejected due some spam threshold and other
> strange reasons.
> working again?

If they get rejected, about all you can do is get the message ID of the
rejected email and get on the #asfinfra channel on IRC and ask about it.
They can get you a list of the rules that failed.   You can normally then work
with the user to adjust thing accordingly.   The #1 suggestion: turn off HTML

> 2) Nabble. There are several issues with Nabble.
> a)
> Nabble removes XML tags so when people post XML configurations we
> can't see the code in the mails forwarded to the mailinglist. It used
> to work in the past.
> Hadrian I think you have been in contact in the past with Nabble?
> Maybe you can reach out to them again?

Yep.   That's annoying, but not critical as the link to the original message
is part of the footer.   It is annoying though.

> b)
> I think CXF nabble forum has a number of people as forum moderators.
> If that's possible. I suggest we look into doing the same for Camel
> @user list. There is an uptake on the Camel project and ppl like to
> use a forum for their first kind of questions. Signing up with a
> mailing list is often not what ppl really want to do, just to ask How
> do I do X.
> Hadrian, or Dan maybe you can provide more details how and if we can
> do forum moderation at Nabble?

All of the moderation that I do is from the APACHE side, not the Nabble side.
The messages sent via nabble just end up in the Apache moderation queue like
any other non-subscriber message and then I just moderate them through.   Your
existing moderators should be able to do that just as well.  That said, feel
free to have infra add my address to the list of moderators to see
if that helps.

Daniel Kulp
Talend -

View raw message