camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Change articles page into a blog
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 17:30:35 GMT
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Christian Schneider
<chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> currently our articles page is a simple wiki page. This makes it a little
> difficult for users to follow it. So I propose to change this page to
> display blog entries with the label Article instead.

The current article page is a link collection, with a short
description of the link.
The content could be anything, blog, article, company site,
presentation, webinar, podcast etc.
And the content is hosted on 3rd party sites.

Are you suggesting that we have a page that display only Camel blogs
where we grab the content from those sites?

> Additionally we can then add a rss or atom link to the page so people can
> subscribe to new articles.
>
> I think we should also add an rss or atom link to the Camel main page so
> people can also subscribe easily to it.

We have talked about migrating documentation to SVN and whatnot. And
possible also make the website more "modern". Like they plan to do at
the SMX project.
( I think Hadrian wrote some wiki page somewhere with a summary of the debate. )

At that time I think it would be nice to add twitter feeds, rss and
whatnot to the site.

If its easy to add RSS then yeah lest do it. For example if there is
some switch in Confluence.
Otherwise I propose to wait till we modernize the website.

--
Claus Ibsen