camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Improved test kit in Camel 2.7
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:12:11 GMT
Hi

As part of the roadmap for Camel 2.7
http://camel.apache.org/camel-27-roadmap.html

We had improved testing on the agenda.

So I have improved this offering the following new features
- added assertPeriod to mock, to enforce assertion is still valid
after a grace period (for example that messages dont continue to
arrive)
- automatic mocking endpoints (you dont have to add mocks to your
routes, as Camel offers convention over configuration)
- possible to test with arrival times and set expectation, such as
that subsequent messages should be no later than 2 seconds apart
- advice with can now manipulate routes such as replacing, removing,
adding node(s) to the advice routed

For more details see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Mock
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/AdviceWith

In terms of advice with we have introduced a new
AdviceWithRouteBuilder which offers specialized DSL for unit testing.
Take a look at the wiki pages as they have examples.

Feedback welcome, especially about the DSL and if the chosen fluent
builder is named reasonable.

--
Claus Ibsen