camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] The future of camel-extra
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:35:59 GMT
I give +1 for option #2 as we are then more independent of google

Am 05.02.2011 23:29, schrieb Hadrian Zbarcea:
> Now that 2.6.0 is out, I planned to give camel-extra a bit more attention.
> There are some changes we need to make to camel-extra and I raised an issue about it
a while ago and added one more comment:
> {quote}
> The camel-extra project is an independent project, not affiliated with the ASF. As such
it is not managed by the Camel PMC, but by individuals who are heavily involved with Camel
and some are on the Camel PMC. The camel-extra project misuses org.apache.camel as a package
name and that should be changed asap. That said, the ASF started no long ago "apache extras"
[1] to accelerate innovation on code associated with ASF projects, which is still at google
> I see two options:
> 1. We keep camel-extra here, we change the groupId and package to something like com.googlecode.camel.extra.
> 2. We move the project to apache extras and change the groupId and package to org.apachextras.camel
> Thoughts?
> [1]
> [2]
> {quote}
> I would prefer option #2. This will also help with issue #21 and allow us to publish
the artifacts in the central maven repo.
> Hadrian

Christian Schneider
CXF and Camel Architect
SOPERA - The Application Integration Division of Talend

View raw message