camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring 3.0.x and Camel 2.5.x
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:40:35 GMT
Hi Jean Baptiste,

Happy New-Year 2011 and best wishes

Is what you explain already committed in servicemix feature file
(camel override) ?

Question : Is it the best way to work by overriding Camel in ServiceMix ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard



On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi Charles and happy new year to you (and the others :)).
>
> In ServiceMix, to avoid this kind of issue, we "override" the Camel feature
> descriptor in ServiceMix to align dependencies between all integrated
> projects.
>
> I guess that we can achieve this kind of management using an OBR resolver.
> It's already planned in ServiceMix feature descriptor (but I haven't tested
> it), if it works fine, I will submit a patch to Camel.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 01/03/2011 03:17 PM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that we have a strict dependency between Camel and Karaf
>> projects because both projects use Spring. The side effect of that is
>> that we cannot install camel 2.5 on karaf 2.1.SNAPSHOT as it uses now
>> spring 3.0.5.RELEASE and camel 2.5 -->  spring 3.0.4.RELEASE. To be
>> able to use Camel on last version of Karaf, we should use Apache Camel
>> 2.6.
>>
>> charlesmoulliard@root>  features:install camel
>> Installing feature camel 2.5.0
>> Installing feature camel-core 2.5.0
>> Installing feature spring 3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.aopalliance/1.0_3
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-asm/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-aop/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-aspects/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-core/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-beans/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-context/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle
>> mvn:org.springframework/spring-context-support/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-expression/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.activation-api-1.1/1.5.0
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.jaxb-api-2.1/1.5.0
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.stax-api-1.0/1.5.0
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl/2.1.13_1
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.fusesource.commonman/commons-management/1.0
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.apache.camel/camel-core/2.5.0
>> Installing feature camel-spring 2.5.0
>> Installing feature spring 3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.aopalliance [171]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.asm [172]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.aop [173]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.aspects [174]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.core [175]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.beans [176]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.context [177]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.context.support [178]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.expression [179]
>> Installing feature spring-dm 1.2.0
>> Installing feature spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.osgi.core [167]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.osgi.io [166]
>> Installing bundle
>>
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.deployer/org.apache.karaf.deployer.spring/2.1.99-SNAPSHOT
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.osgi.extensions.annotations
>> [169]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.osgi.extender [168]
>> Installing feature camel-core 2.5.0
>> Installing feature spring 3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.aopalliance [171]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.asm [172]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.aop [173]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.aspects [174]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.core [175]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.beans [176]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.context [177]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.context.support [178]
>> Found installed bundle: org.springframework.expression [179]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.specs.activation-api-1.1
>> [180]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.specs.jaxb-api-2.1 [181]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.specs.stax-api-1.0 [182]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl [183]
>> Found installed bundle: commons-management [184]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.camel.camel-core [185]
>> Found installed bundle: org.apache.geronimo.specs.geronimo-jta_1.1_spec
>> [87]
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.springframework/spring-tx/3.0.4.RELEASE
>> Installing bundle mvn:org.apache.camel/camel-spring/2.5.0
>> Error executing command: Could not start bundle
>> mvn:org.apache.camel/camel-spring/2.5.0 in feature(s)
>> camel-spring-2.5.0: Constraint violation for package
>> 'org.springframework.core' when resolving module 187.0 between
>> existing import 175.0.org.springframework.core BLAMED ON [[187.0]
>> package;
>> (&(package=org.springframework.core)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0)))]
>> and uses constraint 152.0.org.springframework.core BLAMED ON [[187.0]
>> package;
>> (&(package=org.apache.camel.view)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=2.5.1))),
>> [185.0] package;
>>
>> (&(package=org.springframework.jmx.export.metadata)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=4.0.0))),
>> [149.0] package;
>> (&(package=org.springframework.core)(version>=3.0.5)(!(version>=3.0.6)))]
>>
>>
>> Is it what we would like for the future ? Why don't we remove Spring
>> feature from Camel feature file and uses the one provided by Apache
>> Karaf and add a range of version in camel manifest file ? This will
>> allow to support different version of Camel on Karaf but using range
>> of spring version from 3.0.x to ! 3.1.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles Moulliard
>>
>> Sr. Principal Solution Architect - FuseSource
>> Apache Committer
>>
>> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>> Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
>> Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
>> Skype: cmoulliard
>

Mime
View raw message