camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-http4 wiki page
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:23:21 GMT
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Christian Müller
<christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong... :-(
> However, I will check which options were not supported in 4.0.1 and maybe
> are supported in 4.1. If 4.1 supports all options camel-http has, we could
> replace the old camel-http (which use HttpClient 3.x) with this (what was
> the original plan).
> Otherwise I will add the missing pages...

No we should keep the existing camel-http component and wiki page.
Its using the old HttpClient 3.1 which end users know how to use and configure.

HttpClient 4.x is a lot different API and much more cumbersome to
configure and use.
It would not be possible for end users to easily migrate from
camel-http to camel-http4.

Hence why we keep it in camel-http4.
We should add a new wiki page for people who daunt to use the
HttpClient 4.x API.

For a great Http client API we should look at the async-http-client
project. That is really taking off.
https://github.com/AsyncHttpClient/async-http-client

There is a Camel JIRA ticket to create a new camel component for it.

--
Claus Ibsen