camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for Camel 2.6 release
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:45:07 GMT
Hi

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Aaron Mulder
<ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> I would like to get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3481
> into the 2.6 release (make camel-script work in OSGi).  I have a
> solution available, but it adds a dependency to javax.script in
> camel-core in the OSGi Activator (fine for Java 1.6, new dependency
> for 1.5).  Just want to make sure that's OK before proceeding.

No we should not mess with camel-core dependencies.

Camel 3.0 will be JDK 1.6+ btw so why not wait for that version.

For Camel 2.x we could look to introduce a SPI API which the
camel-core-osgi module can use to load the script engines using OSGi
Activators.

> I'll put in the OSGi integration test showing the problem, but it
> doesn't pass unless you get an OSGi-ified JRuby or other scripting
> language, so I'm leaving it @Ignored for now.
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Apache Camel 2.6 starts to look really good. There is only a few tickets left.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12311211&fixfor=12315690
>>
>> So if you have any of those tickets assigned, then please work on
>> getting the ticket resolved this week (sooner the better).
>>
>> In this release we have added new components and as usual they often
>> depend on OSGi bundles to be released. Today we have 2 SNAPSHOT's
>> pending
>>
>> The pom.xml file in camel/platforms/karaf/features lists the following
>> 2 SNAPSHOTs:
>> <aws-java-sdk-bundle-version>1.1.1_1-SNAPSHOT</aws-java-sdk-bundle-version>
>> <spymemcached-bundle-version>2.5_1-SNAPSHOT</spymemcached-bundle-version>
>>
>> They are needed for the camel-aws and camel-kestrel components.
>>
>> Jean Bonofre from the SMX team have promised to release those bundles.
>> We should get in touch with him so he can start releasing them today.
>> The problem is that the Apache release process takes approx 3 days
>> (IMHO a bit overkill for a SMX bundle wrap release).
>>

>> The CI test of Camel at Apache seems also very good.
>> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest/
>>
>> Usually it can fail with a, but the component works fine
>> - Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>>
>> So we should keep an eye on CI builds and make sure to focus on any
>> last minute bug fixes, and fix/improve unit test if needed.
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> FuseSource
>> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com