camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approx. Camel 2.6.0 release date?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:44:05 GMT
Hi

According to the roadmap
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12311211&fixfor=12315690

We got 18 tickets left.

I think a couple has already been resolved by Willem Jiang, so its
just a matter when he get back, he can take a look and close his
already resolved tickets.

We need wiki documentation for the new Jibx data format. I was hoping
Henryk would provide that, which he promised back in December. If not,
then we'll have to provide some basic documentation ourself.

Ashwin need to document his new routebox component. And I need to take
a 2nd look at the source code. However its a new component so its
expected to be improved in the next couple of releases. I am kinda
waiting for his documentation, to see *actually* how easy it is to
use. That was the goal as its kinda a feature for "new developer"
types to use, so it should be very simple. And the deal was kinda that
Ashwin should "cook up" something and then we'll slice and dice it in
the community to bake it into a real nice component. So maybe we
should mark it as *subject to change for improving ease of use in the
next release*

In  terms of OSGi and blueprint. Then I know gnodet would like to work
on TX configuration with blueprint. Have marked this ticket for Camel
2.7 for now. Also we should provide a blueprint namespace parser for
using camel-cxf. But again it may be something we wanna look at in
2.7.

There is a couple of minor bugs and low hanging fruits reported on
camel nabble which I am waiting for the people to create a ticket
about (trying to push users to do this to have more community
involvement, instead of me always creating the tickets for them).

But nothing which can't be pushed for 2.7 or we can fix ourself in
less than a day.

And Hadrian we would love if you would publish the javadoc for Camel
2.6 release so the Camel website is up-to-date :)

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy New Year to everybody.
>
> We need to close the few remaining issues. I think it's realistic to plan for middle
of next week (even earlier with a bit of luck).

--
Claus Ibsen