camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Ignoring exceptions thrown while processing sub messages in a splitter
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:16:15 GMT
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Christian Müller
<> wrote:
> Or could we have an option like 'stopOnExceptionCount(3)' which means stop
> on the third exception...

When would that be handy? I haven't had such a use case.

When doing parallel processing it would be harder to stop at exactly
that number :)

> I would like to let the behavior as it is and maybe improve the
> documentation if it's necessary. I didn't use the Splitter in conjunction
> with the Aggregation strategy in the past. Do the Aggregator receive all
> exchanges? Also the exchanges which throws the exception(s)?

Yes if an AggregationStrategy has been set, its "in control".

I created a ticket so we wont forget about this

> Christian

Claus Ibsen
Twitter: davsclaus
Author of Camel in Action: