camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Camel will now fail on startup if annotation type converter could not find any converters
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:34:37 GMT

Frankly over the years we have seen end users with some issues due
type converters failed to load on startup.
Camel keeps running but it wont work as well because there is one a
selected few hardcoded type converters available.

>From Camel 2.3 onwards we did INFO logging by default how many
converters and so forth was able to load.
So you can spot the issue if it says 0.

But still this isn't good enough, so I have implement a fail fast
feature into camel-core, when using the classpath scanning for type

I have run a full test and all is good. Even the OSGi tests works.
With this change I hope we can alert end users in a better way that
there is an issue loading the type converters.

If anyone sees any problems with this then feedback is welcome.

Claus Ibsen
Twitter: davsclaus
Author of Camel in Action:

View raw message