camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping support for java 1.5 from camel-2.7.0 onwards
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 03:19:36 GMT
It looks like we need to create a new camel 2.6.x branch from now on,
Current camel trunk 2.7.0 can't build with JDK 1.5[1]

If we are planing to drop the JDK 1.5.0 support after Camel 2.6.0, it's
time to do it.

[1]https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Camel/job/Camel.trunk.fulltest/

Willem

> +1 for doing the branch.
>
> As for the tests I think a good practice would be to move them
> gradually. So whenever you touch a test you convert it. Of course we
> could also simply leave them as they are.
>
> Christian
>

> Am 24.01.2011 16:59, schrieb Mark Ford:
>> I would like to see a branch of camel 2.6.x that was kept up to date
>> with major bug fixes since I have some projects that are stuck on 1.5.
>>
>> As for JUnit, I don't see what needs to be done since it's backwards
>> compatible, right? The annotations are much cleaner but I don't see a
>> pressing need to migrate existing tests.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Claus Ibsen<claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> Good idea lets add that. I think camel-core currently uses JUnit 3 for
>>> testing. Its approx 3300 unit tests to be migrated to @Test :)
>>>
>>> And there is about 700 tests in camel-spring
>>> Spring 2.0/2.5 does not support some of the later JUnit 4 releases. I
>>> think JUnit 4.5+ onwards causes Spring 2.5/2.0 to not work.
>>>
>>> So its a bit of work to do. But that should be doable. Just a bit of
>>> hard work.

It

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen