camel-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping support for java 1.5 from camel-2.7.0 onwards
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:46:56 GMT
+1 to drop support for java 1.5.

FYI, if Apache Karaf 2.2.x supports Java 1.5, Apache Karaf 3.x will drop
the Java 1.5 also.

On 01/24/2011 03:29 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Hi,
> Camel-2.6.0 is being build while I write this. One of the things that was informally
discussed and I am formally proposing now is dropping support for java 1.5 starting with the
next release. It hasn't been supported for a while and the survey showed almost no interest
in it.
> If needed (which I personally doubt), we could have 2.6.x releases on java 1.5. Other
Apache projects already dropped support for java 1.x on trunk as well.
> Thoughts?
> Hadrian

View raw message