camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel 2.5.0 released
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:29:26 GMT
Cut and past from the wrong location. Apologies for the mistake.
Claus, thanks for the correction!

Hadrian

On Nov 1, 2010, at 4:45 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:

> The highlights below in the mail are actually from Camel 2.4
>
> You can read the 2.5 highlights here
> http://camel.apache.org/2010/10/31/camel-250-released.html
>
> I would add to that the new Jasypt component as a highlight
> http://camel.apache.org/jasypt.html
>
> And the fact Camel wont log passwords from endpoint configurations in
> the logs as they are now masked
> The operations team would like that :)
>

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Apache Camel project [1] issued this week another minor release camel-2.5.0 [2].
We are extremely grateful to the community for the continued support and the contributions.

>> The 2.5.0 release (see release notes for details [3]) includes approx 300 issues
resolved (new features, improvements and bug fixes) among which, in no particular order:

>>        • Fully non blocking Asynchronous Routing Engine which all EIPs and some
Camel Components supported.
>>        • OSGi blueprint is now supported
>>        • The camel-spring module now supports OSGi out of box.
>>        • Spring 3.0.3 is now the default Spring version used by Camel.
>>        • Added new <contextScan> to scan the Registry for RouteBuilder instances,
just as scanning the classpath etc.
>>        • Manually started routes is now also Graceful Shutdown by Camel
>>        • Fixed issue using RouteContextRef with multiple CamelContext from the
same Spring ApplicationContext.
>>        • Spring Security is upgrade to spring security 3.0.3.RELEASE.
>>        • Many fixes in components like Bindy, JMS, HTTP, FTP, Quartz, CSV
>>        • Added a Debugger API to be leveraged by 3rd party tooling.
>>        • Improvements for managing Camel using JMX.
>>        • Upgraded to latest release of Scala 2.8.0RC7 in Scala DSL
>>        • Introduced ProcessorFactory to be able to use a custom factory to be able
to manipulate Processor creation process. For example to add additional outputs or manipulate
the route model.