camel-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: helping out with the Web site
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:35:25 GMT
On 10 November 2010 15:00, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is true, but you can see your changes in the wiki right away.
>
> I love the idea of having the docs version controlled, I understand all the benefits.
I am also convinced losing the ability to edit in place is a major community issue. Can we
have both? We want to make it as easy as possible for people to contribute. Documentation,
as shown by the survey, is the #1 issue.

OK how about a compromise.

All website & documentation goes into subversion, managed, branched &
released by committers using the exact same processes as for code.

Folks can then easily contribute to the code or docs using the same
mechanism; patches & JIRAs.

For folks who don't want to use svn, we have a 'user contributions'
wiki where folks who sign the CLA can contribute & put new docs there.
Over time we can then migrate their contributions back into the source
control.

--
James
-------