camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bengt Rodehav (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (CAMEL-3350) Camel context not started although the start() method succeeded
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:43:24 GMT
Camel context not started although the start() method succeeded
---------------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: CAMEL-3350
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-3350
             Project: Apache Camel
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: camel-core
    Affects Versions: 2.5.0
            Reporter: Bengt Rodehav


I accidentally set the name of the context to null. and got the exception below:
\\
\\
{code}
2010-11-17 11:32:34,456 | WARN  | guration Updater | DefaultCamelContext              | e.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext
1278 | Cannot start lifecycle strategy: org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy@1060ee9.
This strategy will be removed. Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.camel.util.ObjectHelper.wrapRuntimeCamelException(ObjectHelper.java:1140)
	at org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy.onContextStart(DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy.java:161)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStartCamel(DefaultCamelContext.java:1270)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:1213)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:65)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:52)
	at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.start(DefaultCamelContext.java:1191)
	at se.digia.connect.core.service.RouteServiceBase.doStart(RouteServiceBase.java:51)
	at se.digia.connect.core.service.ServiceBase.start(ServiceBase.java:50)
	at se.digia.connect.services.skandia.filetransfer.FileTransferService.__start(FileTransferService.java:63)
	at se.digia.connect.services.skandia.filetransfer.FileTransferService.start(FileTransferService.java)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[:1.6.0_07]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)[:1.6.0_07]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)[:1.6.0_07]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)[:1.6.0_07]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.util.Callback.call(Callback.java:237)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.util.Callback.call(Callback.java:193)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.lifecycle.callback.LifecycleCallback.call(LifecycleCallback.java:86)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.lifecycle.callback.LifecycleCallbackHandler.__stateChanged(LifecycleCallbackHandler.java:162)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.handlers.lifecycle.callback.LifecycleCallbackHandler.stateChanged(LifecycleCallbackHandler.java)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.InstanceManager.setState(InstanceManager.java:441)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.InstanceManager.start(InstanceManager.java:322)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.InstanceManager.reconfigure(InstanceManager.java:1169)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.reconfigure(IPojoFactory.java:481)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.updated(IPojoFactory.java:648)[77:org.apache.felix.ipojo:1.7.0.SNAPSHOT]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1460)[5:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.2.4]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:88)[5:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.2.4]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at javax.management.ObjectName.quote(ObjectName.java:1846)[:1.6.0_07]
	at org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementNamingStrategy.getObjectNameForCamelContext(DefaultManagementNamingStrategy.java:95)
	at org.apache.camel.management.DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy.onContextStart(DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy.java:128)
	... 25 more
{code}
\\
The above exception was however caught and not rethrown which fooled me to believe that the
context was successfully started while it in fact wasn't.

Immediately after the call to the context's start() method I check if the context is started
using the getStatus() method. It is then reported as started despite the fact that it failed
(due to the exception above).

I then started jconsole to see via JMX if the context is considered to be started but it's
not. Sounds a lot like a bug to me. There should be a safe (and simple) way to find out (after
having attempted to start the context) whether the context was successfully started or not.


-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message