camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Syslog.
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 07:01:01 GMT
Hi

Great initiative Johan.

I bet opennms is part of you, according to your email signature :)
So are you planning to provide an adapter in opennms which then uses
this new parser to integrate with Camel out of the box?

Anyway parsing syslogs in an easy way would be cool, and we welcome
any contributions which fits the Apache license and "the Apache way".

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Johan Edstrom <seijoed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gents!
>
> Syslog, anyone have comments on this? I am writing a simple parser for Mina/Camel that
I want to re-use in opennms. (A GPL Project)
>  But I wanted to put the parsing parts here so it is ASF license. (I think it is stupid
that all the parsers are GPL).
> In an input if you look at the RFC mostly used, it is 99% best effort, would thinks like
SyslogHeader.Priority be sufficient?

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer